We also use your Personal Information to protect our business (for example, against fraud), or to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example, tax or financial reporting requirements).
Under no circumstances do we rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We only share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes if you have permitted us to do so and per the Marketing section below. We share Personal Information in the following ways:
- within Homerunpet.com for purposes of data processing or storage;
- with business partners, service vendors authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, storing your information, providing email communications on our behalf, and providing customer support. For example, when making purchases on the Homerunpet.com website stores, Homerunpet.com uses a payment processor to verify your payment card information. Your payment card information is passed through to the payment processor and is not collected or stored by Homerunpet.com. The payment processor is authorized to use this information only to authenticate your purchase and for no other purpose. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction, and we do not allow third-parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose than what was disclosed to you;
- with service providers, advisors, or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. If Homerunpet.com merges with or acquires or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information would be transferred as a whole to the successor entity;
- to comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders), to comply with government reporting obligations and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
In addition, we share aggregated anonymized information, including usage data about our products, with third parties for a variety of purposes, including to analyze trends about home networking and utility use, to show third parties how their products could work with the Products, and to generally improve home networking. We've taken steps to ensure that this information cannot be linked back to you and we require third parties to keep all shared information in its anonymized form.
Any third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure these third parties comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your Personal Information.
We will ask for your consent, such as by email response, opt-in box, or click-through agreement acceptance before we use or share your Personal Information for any other purpose.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material from a third party or us, in addition to following the "Unsubscribe" instructions in a marketing email, you can send us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where We Store Your Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, various locations globally, including the United States. It may also be processed by Homerunpet.com staff or contractors operating outside your country of residence (including, if you are in Europe, outside of the EEA) who work for one of our suppliers or us. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services. We also use cloud-based applications and services to store and process your Personal Information, which may result in your Personal Information being stored outside your country of residence.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date, so please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. You can access and update your Personal Information and communication preferences at any time in the following ways:
- by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any email you receive from us;
- by sending an email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific relevant information about the information you would like to change or the material that you no longer wish to receive; or for the Website, by signing in to your online account located at the URL provided when you signed up for the website.
We will honor your request to:
- correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- transfer Personal Information you have provided to us to a third party if we are processing that data either based on your consent or to perform a contract with you;
- delete your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain it by law or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; and/or
- provide you with a copy of your Personal Information held on our current records. If you are outside the EEA, we may make a reasonable charge if records must be accessed from backed up or archived records.
If you are resident in the EEA, you also have the right to:
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time after you have consented, including opting-out of receiving marketing materials. The easiest way to do this is by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any email you receive from us;
- restrict our processing of your Personal Information where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose (unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it); and/or object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation, where the legal justification for our processing of your Personal Information is our legitimate interest. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
You can request to exercise any of these rights concerning your Personal Information by sending the request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in the EEA, you also have the right to complain about the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Please click here for a list of contact details for the EEA data protection authorities.
Retention of Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We strive to maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks, and services (also known as "friendly names") may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Third-Party and Social Media Linked Sites