This means any information that can be used to identify a specific natural person directly or indirectly, either in isolation or in combination with other information. Some examples of Personal Information include a name, address, email address, phone number, any ID number, or location data.
Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized. When information is aggregated, it is combined with information about other customers and users. Aggregated information that includes Personal Information is considered Personal Information until it has been anonymized.
When information is anonymized, the information can no longer be attributed to a specific natural person without the use of additional information, for example, how many users viewed a particular website video or advertisement, such information cannot be used to identify you. In general, usage data collected when you visit the Website is both aggregated and anonymized so it does not identify you personally and therefore is not Personal Information.
Children’s Personal Information.
The Website is not directed to, nor does Homerunpet.com knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16 (Sixteen), or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction. If we are informed that we have collected the Personal Information of a child under the age of 16, we will delete that Personal Information from our systems. If you believe we might have inadvertently collected Personal Information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Information Do We Collect
Your account information and customer support. If you fill in forms or register an account on the Website or correspond with us by phone, email, or social media account, you may be providing us with information about you, which may include Personal Information. This includes information you provide when you register on the Website, apply for coupon or extend the Warranty, register or return a product, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on the Website, participate in discussion forums, or other social media functions on the Website, enter a campaign, promotion or survey, participate in a training session or other event, download firmware, software, and apps, or when you report a problem relating to the Website or our products or otherwise request support.
Device and Technical Information. We automatically collect information when you visit the Website, including:
- technical information: including the Internet protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer or other devices to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and language preferences. This information is all normally provided by your web browser, and we do not specifically request it;
- information about your visit to the Website: including the full Uniform Resource Locators ("URL") clickstream to, through, and from the Website (including date and time); Products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; videos watched; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); and methods used to browse away from the page.
(Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers’ hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties who provide services to us (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect for several purposes. These purposes will be consistent with the reason you provided the information to us or for a directly related purpose. The uses we make of such information are to:
- set up an account for you on the Website;
- facilitate your purchase and/or download of our Products;
- authenticate use of your account or purchases and/or use of our Products;
- register your product in our product database;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- assist you with customer support;
- communicate about and administer participation in customer promotions and surveys;
- provide the Products you request;
- provide you with information about the products you use, such as new features, bug fixes, service downtimes, or upgrades;
- help us develop new products and improve current Products;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. We (or selected third parties) will contact you by electronic means only if you have opted-in to receive marketing information. "Opt-in" means that you have taken an affirmative action to receive information, such as by checking a box or clicking a button;
- notify you about changes to the Website and Products and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- administer the Website and Products for internal operational purposes, including troubleshooting, data, and statistical analysis, testing, research, and survey purposes;
- improve the Website and ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer or device;
- ensure the security of the Website;
- monitor and regulate interactive features of the Website and our products that you choose to participate in, including online forums and chat rooms relating to our products;
- help you navigate the Website;
- help you access and use certain features of the Products remotely and to help you monitor and safeguard your home and home network;
- provide you with information and recommendations about Internet and utility usage in your home;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others who visit the Website and to deliver relevant personalized advertising to you and others;
- determine which aspects of the Website and our products are most useful to you.
Why We Use Information
We also use your Personal Information to protect our business (for example, against fraud), or to comply with legal requirements to which we are subject (for example, tax or financial reporting requirements).
Under no circumstances do we rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes. We only share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes if you have permitted us to do so and per the Marketing section below. We share Personal Information in the following ways:
- within Homerunpet.com for purposes of data processing or storage;
- with business partners, service vendors authorized third-party agents or contractors to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, hosting websites, storing your information, providing email communications on our behalf, and providing customer support. For example, when making purchases on the Homerunpet.com website stores, Homerunpet.com uses a payment processor to verify your payment card information. Your payment card information is passed through to the payment processor and is not collected or stored by Homerunpet.com. The payment processor is authorized to use this information only to authenticate your purchase and for no other purpose. We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete or provide the requested service or transaction, and we do not allow third-parties to use your Personal Information for a different purpose than what was disclosed to you;
- with service providers, advisors, or other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets. If Homerunpet.com merges with or acquires or is acquired by another entity, Personal Information would be transferred as a whole to the successor entity;
- to comply with the law or legal process (such as responding to subpoenas or court orders), to comply with government reporting obligations and to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
In addition, we share aggregated anonymized information, including usage data about our products, with third parties for a variety of purposes, including to analyze trends about home networking and utility use, to show third parties how their products could work with the Products, and to generally improve home networking. We've taken steps to ensure that this information cannot be linked back to you and we require third parties to keep all shared information in its anonymized form.
Any third parties with whom we share your Personal Information are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure these third parties comply with the same privacy principles that govern our collection of your Personal Information.
We will ask for your consent, such as by email response, opt-in box, or click-through agreement acceptance before we use or share your Personal Information for any other purpose.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing material from a third party or us, in addition to following the "Unsubscribe" instructions in a marketing email, you can send us an email request at email@example.com.
Where We Store Your Information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, various locations globally, including the United States. It may also be processed by Homerunpet.com staff or contractors operating outside your country of residence (including, if you are in Europe, outside of the EEA) who work for one of our suppliers or us. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details, and the provision of support services. We also use cloud-based applications and services to store and process your Personal Information, which may result in your Personal Information being stored outside your country of residence.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We need your help in keeping your Personal Information accurate and up to date, so please notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. You can access and update your Personal Information and communication preferences at any time in the following ways:
- by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any email you receive from us;
- by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your name, email address, and specific relevant information about the information you would like to change or the material that you no longer wish to receive; or for the Website, by signing in to your online account located at the URL provided when you signed up for the website.
We will honor your request to:
- correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- transfer Personal Information you have provided to us to a third party if we are processing that data either based on your consent or to perform a contract with you;
- delete your Personal Information, unless we are required to retain it by law or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; and/or
- provide you with a copy of your Personal Information held on our current records. If you are outside the EEA, we may make a reasonable charge if records must be accessed from backed up or archived records.
If you are resident in the EEA, you also have the right to:
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your Personal Information at any time after you have consented, including opting-out of receiving marketing materials. The easiest way to do this is by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link in any email you receive from us;
- restrict our processing of your Personal Information where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose (unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it); and/or object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation, where the legal justification for our processing of your Personal Information is our legitimate interest. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
You can request to exercise any of these rights concerning your Personal Information by sending the request by email to email@example.com
If you are in the EEA, you also have the right to complain about the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws. Please click here for a list of contact details for the EEA data protection authorities.
Retention of Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We strive to maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the information collected by the Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not 100% secure.
It is important to note that if you use a computer or device that can be accessed by others, other people may be able to access unencrypted Personal Information. If you do not want your information to be available to others, exercise caution when using public computers or devices or when using any computer or device to which users unauthorized by you may have access.
We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser. You should also be aware that names that you give your Wi-Fi-enabled devices, home networks, and services (also known as "friendly names") may be detectable by others outside your home, so you should not use Personal Information as part of your friendly names.
Third-Party and Social Media Linked Sites